[wplug] Is there an Erie LUG?

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Dec 23 16:13:39 EST 2003

Hi,

I did indeed get significant response to my search for an Erie LUG.
My response is posted below. If something comes out of lunch, I
will let you guys know.

I am posting on the general WPLUG list as a last call in hopes
that there may be some North Western PA folks on this list that
have yet to respond.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn

Hello,

I am sending you mail since you responded in some capacity to the
"Is there an Erie LUG" appeal I sent out last week. Seven folks in
total responded. Please forgive my late reply. I just wanted to give
it a couple days to see who would reply.

The bad news is, there does not appear to be an Erie LUG at this
time. Both Nick and Keith had responded stating that they personally
are no longer able to head a lug creation effort at this time. They
are both willing to support the concept of someone else picking up
where they left off. They both seem interested in assisting as
they are able.

I still think it would be productive if us Linux geeks get together
for lunch on December 27th. Who knows, maybe a new Erie LUG will
come out of it!?!

The Agenda would pretty much be the same...
1. Meet other Linux geeks in North Western PA
2. Learn more about how to get a LUG started and thriving
3. Solve the mystery once and for all if a new Erie LUG could
be born out of this lunch!

Place: Erie Cracker Barrel (7810 Interstate Drive)
Just off I90 (Exit 24) & US 19 (Peach Street)
Time : Dec 27, 2003 1pm.

This is a public invitation. Please feel free to forward this information
to anyone who would seriously love to see an Erie LUG.

Please RSVP with the number of people you are bringing (even if you
send me mail before saying that you will come, please confirm again).
I will need to know how big a table we should request! Just send me
mail bethlynn at wplug.org

Thanks,

Beth Lynn