[wplug] FAX applications?

Rick Smith rick at rbsmith.com
Tue Dec 16 16:05:37 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 02:50:08PM -0500, William Powell wrote:
> Any recomendations for utilities to receive FAX's?

man fax

Like most things I know, it's command line.  Took some playing
around to get it to work, but not much.  Three ways I've used it:
  1. dedicated fax line with 'fax answer' set up in /etc/inittab
  2. pick up this call, which I know is a fax: fax receive
  3. pick up the next call, which should be a fax: fax answser

Then can use 'fax view' to view and 'fax print' to print.

There probably is a gfax and kfax for gnome and kde gui versions.

-- Rick