[wplug] Compact Flash Directories

Tim Quinlan tim at techfocus.net
Mon Dec 15 19:14:46 EST 2003

Hi,
I have a CF reader that i use to copy photos from CF cards.  After I
mount the CF reader the photos show up in /mnt/cf-reader/dcim/cannon

As root this works fine, I can go in and look at the files.  But as a
normal user the dcim folder shows up as a regular file, and therefore I
cannot cd into it.

Has anyone seen this before?  I'm using a Canon Powershot A40 and a PNY
CF reader.  I didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to get the
reader working, just load the USB mass storage modules.  When I mount
the device all I do is
mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/cf-reader.

Is there something I'm missing here?