[wplug] Remote Serial Terminal

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Mon Dec 15 14:31:37 EST 2003

Larry -
Take a look at the LTSP - Linux Terminal Server Project.  By setting up a
TFTP server and providing a kernel image loadable via TFTP you breath new
life into less machines.  If the laptop cannot network boot you'll have to
have a boot floppy, but with a little reading you'll have it set up in no
time.
http://www.ltsp.org/

There are also several diskette boot Linux installs that can at least get
you network connectivity and SSH - much easier than setting up LTSP, but a
lot less fun :)

Don