[wplug] Remote Serial Terminal

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Mon Dec 15 13:46:18 EST 2003

I would like to use an old laptop as a dumb terminal.  The laptops I have
are too old or have too small of a hard drive to run Linux.  My big noisy
desktop sits in the basement.  I want a wired connection that would give me
a command line interface from a laptop to the desktop PC.

I have seen this done with Linux embedded on PC/104 CPUs.