[wplug] RE: internet access

Rick Smith rick at rbsmith.com
Sat Dec 13 18:08:38 EST 2003

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 08:59:44PM +0000, a D wrote:
> Thanks Eric, (thanks to John and more response at bottom.)
> that first link was 404 - I rooted around the second a bit, but no dice so
> far.
> typing in "redhat-config-network &" yeilded the following.
>
> [root at localhost root]# traceback (most recent call last):
>  [stuff deleted]
> RuntimeError: could not open display

running before that command:
  export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
  xclock

And see if a clock pops up.  If it does, type control-C in the
window to stop the clock, and run the redhat-config-network again.

If you get some error about permission, then .. hmm, start up
a new window and run
  xhost +
and try again in the original window.  Or write back to here with
what happened.