[wplug] Consulting

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Dec 11 20:11:09 EST 2003

James O'Kane wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Bill Moran wrote:
>
>>James O'Kane wrote:

>>>Are you turning away business yet because you're too busy?
>>
>>No, but I have lost business because a customer asked, "Who's going
>>to take care of this if you're killed in a car accident?" and I
>>didn't have a good enough answer for them.
>
> I'll rephrase. Do you have enough paying work to share with the rest of
> the class (me)?  :)

I'll rephrase as well ...

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that if everyone who wanted to
have a job in open source software worked as hard as I did (banging on
doors, making phone calls, sending out mail, etc ...) to try to get
more businesses interested in open source, that I would have far more
business than I could ever do (and thus enough to share).

The biggest problem I have selling open source software to people is
that they've never heard of it before!

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies