[wplug] White Box Linux

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Dec 9 18:31:50 EST 2003

On 9 Dec 2003, Carl B. wrote:
> Let me rephrase that.  It is disheartening to see many folks walk away
> from RH Linux because of RH's moves.  I guess in a way this is a
> testament to RH, as it seems they we able to capture many users /
> businesses that depended on their product.  It is inevitable that those
> users who want to walk away from RH Linux will either pony up the $ for
> RHEL or move to something else.  I have tried Fedora, BTW, and I do like
> it.  I am anxious to see the release of Fedora Core 2.

I'm not sure where I personally stand on this, but to summarize a thread I
read on another list. The price has gone from $60 per machine per year to
$179 or more without a matching increase in service. I don't remember what
he was comparing, but I remember reading six-fold increase, so he must be
using different numbers.

-james