[wplug] White Box Linux

Carl B. cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Mon Dec 8 11:09:24 EST 2003

http://www.beau.org/~jmorris/linux/whitebox/index.html

I saw this recently and I am considering trying it out.  Has anyone else
heard of it / about it / or even used it?  It is based on RHEL3.  I am a
fan of RH, although there are 3 things I dislike:  (1) RPM is ok, but
pkgtool is better! :) (2) EVERY package is compiled for i386.  (3) The
new changes involving RH's future bite.  As far as #3, White Box says
they believe they will be supported due to being based on RHEL3 (more
info on the above URL).

Thought this would be worth a read for some of you.

- Carl