[wplug] cli resolution

Carl Benedict cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Thu Dec 4 15:49:21 EST 2003

I assume you mean when you are running in multiuser mode with no X (init
level varies per distro).  For LILO systems, you can edit
/etc/lilo.conf.  Mine lists a line :

vga = 769

There is a list of video modes listed in my lilo.conf.  BTW, 769 =
640x480x256.  You can change the number on the VGA line from one in the
list to change the resolution.

After updating /etc/lilo.conf, you would have to run 'lilo' to update
the configuration.  *WARNING*:  Check out the documentation for your
distro on this one as this rewrites your bootloader config and can cause
unwanted behavior / an unbootable system if you were to make a typo or
if you have a special configuration!

For GRUB, take a look at this:

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2003-Jun/1976.html

http://www.gnu.org/manual/grub-0.90/html_mono/grub.html