[wplug] AMD Opteron support

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Thu Dec 4 14:55:27 EST 2003

Sometime in December Chris assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Thanks everyone, but I am afraid that it doesn't matter anymore.  This
| server is going to be a web/database server for us.  The problem is that one
| of our Web Design guys codes in ASP and doesn't want to learn PHP.  We are
| probably going to use Sun's ASP server so we can run PHP and ASP on this
| box.  I talked to Sun and their ASP server needs GLIBC 2.2.5.  I believe
| that RHEL AS 3 uses a newer version.  SuSE Linux 8 has this version so that
| might be our only option if the Enterprise Edition uses it also.  I am
| trying to find out on their site now.  If not, I guess we will have to go
| the way of the Xeon.

change hurts, but it hurts less when someone else is willing to foot the
bill. if you are willing to pay him while he learns, i'm surprised he
wouldn't take you up on the offer. i'm always happy when someone is willing
to pay while i increase my skill set.

i suppose that you will eventually end up with a bunch of asp stuff right?
would there be a hardware/software combination more suitable for that type
of development?

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E