[wplug] suspending processes

Kuzman Ganchev kuzman at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Dec 3 13:34:10 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 04:56:37PM -0500, Jonathan S Billings wrote:
> You could kill -STOP <processid>, then kill -CONT <processid> when the
> fileserver is back up.  I use these quite often to deal with somewhat
> similar circumstances.

The kill man page has more info on this. When you press ^Z, I think the
signal sent is TSTP (which can be ignored). From kill(1):

       TSTP           stop      may interact with the shell
       TTIN           stop      may interact with the shell
       TTOU           stop      may interact with the shell
       STOP           stop      this signal may not be blocked

Kuzman