[wplug] Digital Cameras

J Aaron Farr farra at apache.org
Wed Dec 3 13:09:49 EST 2003

Quoting Michael M Delaney <mmdst23+ at pitt.edu>:

> Does anyone have any suggestions for a digital camera that will work with
> Linux, espcially one also capable of taking a few minutes (1-6) of video?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Do you want to directly interface with the camera via a USB cable or just
transfer pictures via some sort of flash media (compact flash or SD cards)?  If
you save your images to a flash card, then just about any camera should work.

I know that you can easily mount compact flash in Linux, but last I checked (a
while ago) mounting SD cards was impossible or just really really tricky.  Not
sure about Sony's memory sticks -- never tried.  However, the Zaurus uses SD
cards and it is based on Linux, so theoretically, SD support should be possible.

---
  jaaron      <http://jadetower.org>