[wplug] Barebones Linux

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 14:03:36 EST 2003

I've got debian stable with a 2.2 kernel on a 66mhz 486 epson laptop with
8MB ram, it works reasonably well.  I installed it from floppies then
apt-got what I could fit on the hard drive over the network.  No X on this
bad boy, but I did get somehow get the svga linux port of doom working on
it briefly :)  I upgraded to unstable with a 2.4 kernel and the machine
became almost unusably slow.  This was a year ago or so, stable has
probably changed since then.

Debian from floppies + apt-get over the network is still probably your
best bet though.