[wplug] USB under linux

Kuzman Ganchev kuzman at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Dec 1 16:41:40 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 01:35:38PM -0500, ThEmagiCALfuRbY at aol.com wrote:
> i have a iriver ifp and i was wondering how to mount it, heh
> its formatted as fat.  i enabled fat, vfat, and some other fat thingy in my
> kernel but when i try to mount the thing, it says the kernel dosent support
> fat.  o yea i also dont know what /dev/ file to mount it as
>
> my mount folder is /mnt/usbdriver but the /dev/ file i am confused about

I've never seen one of these, but a few thoughts: If it behaves like a
USB storage device, it will be /dev/sda1 or one of the other /dev/sd*
devices. Do you have a driver for the ifp? A quick check on google
showed a driver on sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ifp-driver

If you have this already, is there anything added to your
/var/log/syslog of /var/log/messages when you plug it in or when you
modprobe the driver?

Kuzman