[wplug] USB under linux

Procario, Michael Michael.Procario at science.doe.gov
Mon Dec 1 11:21:01 EST 2003

I have a Linksys WUBS11 which is a USB 802.11b device. I have gotten it work
successfully with Redhat 9.0 by using the atmelandriver module which I built
from source. I had working previously without WEP and it correctly
configured itself on boot. I have turned on WEP and now I have to
reconfigure each time by hand.

On boot the device is recognized and it is assigned to eth1 as I wanted, but
it comes up in the default state without WEP turned on so it fails when
dhcpcd is run to get an IP address.  I have a general question about how USB
devices are recognized and their module is loaded. It appears that I need to
find someplace to call a script that is included with the source that will
configure the card for WEP.

Right now I have

Alias eth1 usbvnetr

In my modules.conf file