[wplug] OT - Programming Languages

vze2f6h6 at verizon.net vze2f6h6 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 29 20:21:45 EDT 2003

> From: J Aaron Farr <jaaronfarr at yahoo.com>
> Date: 2003/08/29 Fri PM 07:02:45 EDT
> To: wplug at wplug.org
> Subject: Re: [wplug] OT - Programming Languages
>

> --- hobbit at euthanized.org wrote:
> > As to refreshing:
> >
> > Not if you do it web-based and have your client make RPC calls to a set of
> > (PHP/Perl/Python/whatever) functions through JavaScript/DOM scripting.
> >

> Interesting.
>
> I'll admit my javascript isn't that advanced.  Do you have a link to any
> examples on this sort of thing?

I would love some examples too.  I haven't really looked for any yet, though.

I think that I might use one these:

tcl/tk
PHP/Javascript/DOM
Java

I know PHP already so that might be the easiest.  But I have been looking for an excuse to learn another language so I might choose Java or tcl/tk.

What's everyone's opinion on compiled vs interpreted languages?  Would it make that big of a difference?

Thanks,
Chris Romano