[wplug] OT - Programming Languages

Rick Smith rick at rbsmith.com
Fri Aug 29 19:00:07 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 01:19:44PM -0600, Alex Birch wrote:
> > But if I do the GUI in perl for gtk, gtk2, wxperl, or perlqt then I would
> > have to do a whole different GUI for the Windows platform, right?  I really
> > don't want to write the GUI twice.  I was thinking about making it
> > web-based, and then the client side doesn't matter.  The only problem is
> > that the browser would have to refresh at least every minute to show the
> > updated time for all the tanning beds.

Yuns are all lost! :)
Luckily, the dude behind Forth can set us straight.  Words to live by ...

http://www.ultratechnology.com/method.htm:

  Forth Methodology Applied to Programming:

  1. BEGIN BEGIN BEGIN
     Identify and reject your illusions and ideas that don't help.

  2. Identify and reject the non-problems blocking your problem or
     keep them but trick them into helping solve the real problem.

  3. [and so on .. see the web page].

Then write the system in colorForth .. there is no operating system..
so there is NO worries about op sys compatability!  See how easy this
can be??

For example, here's the floppy IDE drive code.. just add in the rest of your
app and your done.

http://www.colorforth.com/ide.html