[wplug] OT - Programming Languages

sendai sendai at systemsecuritysolutions.com
Fri Aug 29 12:14:39 EDT 2003

Anytime I need to access USB, serial or parallel ports I pull out the C.
I have yet to come across another language that could interface with
them as gracefully, with the exception of C++ of course.

Cross platform code might be a bit of a problem with the USB though. As
far as I know, the only practical way to access USB in Windows is with
the Windows DDK. I could very well be mistaken since I don't write much
code for Windows, but I ran into that problem a few months ago.

Hope this helps.