[wplug] Need a VERY Linux friendly MIDI/Soundcard

Robert Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Mon Aug 25 20:28:41 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm really coming to my wits end trying to get MIDI working with ALSA and my
Yamaha YMF-724 soundcard.

The card has a few years on it so I'm entertaining the idea of a new sound
card.

I'd like something that includes at least wavetable/sampled sounds as well as
synth (FM/PCM/etc) sounds.

It's got to work well with ALSA (especially the MIDI portion).

Bells and whistles (optical in/out, surround sound, ect) are neat but not a
requirement.

Got any suggestion ( I know you do - that's why I asked) ?

Thanks,

Bob

BTW -  I discussed the JACK realtime stuff with someone ( maybe Russ?). I
discovered it is included in SuSE 8.2 as well as Rosegarden and a bunch of
other goodies. ( That's SuSE 8.2 Professional).