[wplug] Input/output error

Ryan Brown wplug at tblive.com
Sun Aug 24 22:36:24 EDT 2003

This is driving me crazy... I keep getting Input/output error errors when I
run commands such as "ls", etc.

One would think the drive is bad but I know for sure it is not as I have
used 3 different brand new drives on this machine and each is reporting the
same problem. Also tried the one drive in another machine to make sure it
wasn't the controller, ram, etc. The weird thing is... It happens every 7-10
days. If I reboot then it goes back to normal and all works fine for another
7-10 days before it starts saying Input/output error and I need to reboot it
again, so something is definitely wrong.

This is a RH 9 box running ext3.

Any suggestions on what to try?

Ryan