[wplug] running "lean"

Doug Green diego96 at mac.com
Thu Aug 21 10:21:54 EDT 2003

Hi all-
Normally, our discussions have centered on setting up services. I've
got almost the opposite problem, and I was wondering if I could get
some feedback. I would like to run the fewest possible services that I
can for a single user setup. I've found lots of information about
setting UP services, but relatively little about which services can be
safely omitted from startup. Can anyone provide a brief list of
services that are "must have", and how to control which processes are
launched at startup?
Thanks in advance,
Doug