[wplug] praise for OpenOffice.org 1.1

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Wed Aug 20 21:57:27 EDT 2003

Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
> All - just an enthusiastic note about the 1.1 version of OpenOffice.org
>
> I just installed it on a Debian woody system - it's *much* faster than older
> versions, the user interface is improved (cleaner-prettier) and the new
> builtin features work very nicely (export to PDF, integration with KMail and
> other MUAs, etc).

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I've *always* liked OpenOffice.

I work exclusively on a Linux machine as a web developer and I'm
constantly getting all kinds of MS Docs from various clients.  Never
have I failed to open one in OpenOffice (even before 1.0 came out).

The worst trouble I've ever had was bullets.  Bullets will sometimes
look different or prevent me from printing the document.

So other than the slow start-up time for the program, which is getting
better, I've really dug OpenOffice.

Starting a new business here now and we've talked about using OpenOffice
exclusively, even on the (cough) Windows clients some of my partners
still want to use. :)

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.com