[wplug] directory/file monitoring

Thomas Eshelman Thomas.Eshelman at e-Profile.com
Wed Aug 20 12:56:15 EDT 2003

Mike

TripWire would be a very good place to start.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Griffin [mailto:mike at dmrnetworks.com]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 9:43 AM
To: wplug at wplug.org
Subject: [wplug] directory/file monitoring

Hi all,

I'm looking for a program that will monitor a directory, recursively. I
would like a summary at the end of everyday of what files/directories
were deleted, replaced, and added to this directory and the directories
below it. I would also like the to know who did what, and when, then
have the summary emailed to me at the end of the day.

I was thinking tripwire, possibly a better program for this single task?

Mike