[wplug] help interperting errors in messages log

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Wed Aug 20 11:19:45 EDT 2003

squeegy-wplug at squeegy.org wrote:
> When you say ditching it what do you exactly mean?  ditching
> lilo?  grub does not have this problem?  how do I switch if that is
> the case?

	You'll need to convert your lilo.conf file contents to a format that
matches what's expected in a grub.conf file, then run grub-install.  "info
grub" on a Red Hat system has good info - but the on-line stuff from RH is a
little better.  "Linux in a Nutshell" (4th ed) has a good grub section as
well.

	Yes - grub has no 1024 cylinder limitation.  Also - when you edit
grub.conf there's no need to do anything (a la "edit lilo.conf; re-run lilo)
- it updates automagically.

Don