[wplug] help interperting errors in messages log

squeegy-wplug at squeegy.org squeegy-wplug at squeegy.org
Wed Aug 20 01:36:36 EDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Vanco, Donald wrote:

> IMHO  -you need to back that drive up ASAP and get it replaced.
> Note that the bad sectors are not linear, but are "close" - meaning there's
> likely a "streak" of dead media substrate on one of the platters....
>
> If it weren't for the "I/O error....sector...." messages I might be willing
> to consider that it's DMA or cable or bad controller, etc - but generally
> errors like these mean dying media.
>
> Don

Advice taken.  I am now off of that drive completely

I get only at boot up the following error on another drive on the same system. What does this one mean and is it something I need to be concerned about.  Thanks

hdc: task_no_data_intr: error=0x10 { SectorIdNotFound }, LBAsect=0,
sector=0 hdc: task_no_data_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady
SeekComplete Error }