[wplug] help interperting errors in messages log

Mike Griffin mike at dmrnetworks.com
Tue Aug 19 12:30:26 EDT 2003

CRC errors indicate bad blocks on the HDD. If you're trying to use a
CDROM and get CRC errors, the CDROM cannot be mounted. It's considered
"bad media"  I might be wrong with this, but unless a block is marked
"bad" the OS still tries to read from, and write to, these blocks
creating the error when the attempt is unsuccessful.

Mike