[wplug] Re: Linux SMTP Fix (Stargate Ticket - 2231098)

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Mon Aug 18 20:15:27 EDT 2003

Russ Schneider wrote:
> 1. Click on Edit -> Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings.
> 2. Click on Server Setting for your Stargate account and make sure User
> Name contains only your user name and NOT @stargate.net or
> @dsl.stargate.net.
> 3. On left hand menu, at very bottom, select Outgoing Server (SMTP).
> 4. Enter mail.startgate.net into Server Name.
> 5. Leave Port blank.
> 6. Make sure Use Name and Password is checked and enter your full email
> address.

Well I must give Stargate credit.  I wrote the above fix for them and
they actually posted it to their http://help.stargate.net site for their
Linux
users practically verbatim.

Credit where credit is due.  I'm surprised, but pleased.

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.com

Latest Release: