[wplug] BitTorrent for downloads

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Fri Aug 15 12:19:14 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Scott Bourns said:

> 90 minutes? Whoah.
>
> What kind of access did you use? Bandwidth?

Who wants to make some guesses how far I am on some of my email?

I don't know exactly what type of connection the university has, my
desktop had gigabit, but I don't think that extends outside the
department. I remember the ftp download from redhat itself died after 6 or
7 hours.  Given enough peers, bittorrent makes your connection the
bottleneck instead of the server.

-james