[wplug] Linux SMTP Fix (Stargate Ticket - 2231098)

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Fri Aug 15 09:38:11 EDT 2003

Lance Tost wrote:
> So what's actually wrong with their smtp server if you followed the
> directions below and it worked?

I'm not sure.  On wednesday (I think) everyone's email stopped working
at stargate.  They got flooded with calls.  Their SMTP server simply
kept asking for passwords repeatedly and never accepted them.

Apparently, it used to simply accept usernames, but now cause of some
unknown error, this no longer was accpetable to the server.

Now, this fix does exist for most clients, but there are some clients
now that simply won't work with their email server.

I kinda think that Stargate figures they won't put too much effort into
finding out what happened if this fix exists.

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.com

Latest track: