[wplug] virtual pc?

wplug at badgertronics.com wplug at badgertronics.com
Thu Aug 14 09:02:31 EDT 2003

> Anyone ever set up linux within Virtual PC (for mac in my case)?

I have.  I've also gotten Oracle running on Linux on Virtual PC
for Mac (OS 9 back when I did it)  Over the course of a couple
of installfests I finally got it working.

ObScreenshot: http://badgertronics.com/hacks/oraclemac.gif

And some notes:

http://badgertronics.com/writings/oracle/mac-oracle

Virtual PC and/or the linux distrubtions may have changed
sufficiently to make these notes moot, but ya never know.

And as folks have said, the VPC 'drives' are just humongous files
on your hard drive.  It doesn't mess with your fundamental disk
partitioning.

Cheers,
++Mark Dalrymple, markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
  "running a service - any service - on the internet is like putting a
   child with a hammer in a room full of coloured eggs and telling them
   not to break any."
     -- Matthew Hunt