[wplug] virtual pc?

Joe Topjian joe at portsys.net
Wed Aug 13 22:46:02 EDT 2003

> Hi all-
> Anyone ever set up linux within Virtual PC (for mac in my case)? I'm
> mainly concerned with setting up "partitions"... will this
> destructively partition my drive, or does virtual pc somehow confine
> it to a "virtual partition"? My hard drive is one huge HFS partition.
> Any input would be great. Thanks!
> Doug

Unfortunately, I cant give you a ton of details cause I havent done it
for a couple months.. but if you're using a newer version of VPC (like
5 and up) You can use virtual partitions just fine. I installed
mandrake, win98, win2k, and winxp with virtual partitions and they all
ran perfect. (a tad bit slower, but thats expected).

Hope that helps..

---
Joe Topjian
email: joe at portsys.net