[wplug] new x errors

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Aug 13 17:08:11 EDT 2003

Have you configured the X server for your video hardware?  Try running:

XFree86 -configure

and then

XFree86 -xf86config ~/XF86Config.new

(that'll just start X, no session management or anything, you'll have to
cancel it at the console or hit control-alt-backspace to kill the X
server).

If that works, you can use that XF86Config.new as the X config script
(normally stored in /etc/X11/XF86Config).

There may be distro-dependant ways of configuring this, but I only know
the redhat way (and I prefer using the above and tweaking the resulting
file).

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 13:11, Elwin Green wrote:
> Thanks to all for answers to previous Qs. Apparently
> my system, as suggested, lacked an X server. So I did
> the suggested apt-get and now it does.
>
> And now I get different errors. To wit:
>
> Cannot open APM
> No devices detected.