[wplug] Red Hat kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe...

Scott Eicher Scott.Eicher at e-Profile.com
Wed Aug 13 16:06:13 EDT 2003

Great,

I'll give that a try. I actually haven't applied any patches yet. I don't
have it on the network yet.

Thanks Don!!
-----Original Message-----
From: Vanco, Donald [mailto:VANCOD at pios.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 4:01 PM
To: 'wplug at wplug.org'
Subject: RE: [wplug] Red Hat kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe...

Boot into single user mode and rebuild the initrd for the smp kernel -
sounds like the appropriate drivers aren't being pre-loaded

I assume you've applied all patches?  There was, at one point, an issue with
SMP kernels, and I think it may have been Xeon specific.... (but if memory
serves this was R1 of the AS product line - it may have been fixed by the
release of ES - which is in the "R2" family)

Don
HTML - blech