[wplug] loadbalancing over multiple network connections

Duncan Hutty duncanhutty at attbi.com
Wed Aug 13 15:00:05 EDT 2003

Could someone suggest where I should be looking (or search terms for googling) to learn about the following?

My company currently has a single ISP. We are considering getting network connectivity (mainly) for redundancy. I think it is fairly straightforward to configure such that network traffic is sent over eth1 instead of eth0 in the event of the connection to eth0 going down.

What I am interested in is using both connections all the time so that all hosts on my local network can benefit from the extra bandwidth as well as having a failover process so that when one connection fails all traffic is sent over the other. In case, it's not obvious I am referring primarily to traffic originating on the local network destined for the outside since there is little incoming traffic origniated externally.

I started in tldp.org howtos and the nag, but I can't seem to get anywhere.
Any pointers, even to deadtree material, gratefully received.
--
Duncan Hutty