[wplug] extra -xterm

Weber, Larry A laweber at switch.com
Wed Aug 13 09:49:02 EDT 2003

I am running a program (written in C) from a terminal window that transmits
strings of raw data out of the PC's serial port.  It also uses a printf
statement to display on the terminal window, the message count, the number
of bytes tranmitted and the raw message data.  Each line terminates with a
\n.  Occassionally, the printed line starts with 'xterm' followed by the
expected display message.  Any idea what is causing the window to display
'xterm'?  I expect that it is due to some character in the raw data string.

-laweber