[wplug] Newbie questions

Anand Nimbalkar anandnimbalkar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 08:57:53 EDT 2003

Hi,
I am new to Linux and this group. I have a couple of basic questions.
(1) If Linux Desktop = WIndows 98/2000/XP then what is Windows 2000/2003
Server =  ???
(2) Is Linux Server software also free ?
(3) Are there any special hardware requirements to run Linux Server. I have
a 600 Mhz machine which I wanna use for Linux Server installation. Will it
suffice?
(4) Are there any good books that I can use to learn Linux Server.

I am heavily biased towards Linux Server. Linux Desktop doesnt interest me
much. I would appreciate if someone can answer the above questions specific
to Linux Server software

Thanks

Anand Nimbalkar