[wplug] On the road, trying to get connected.

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Fri Aug 8 13:09:44 EDT 2003

I realise that I'm a little far away right now, but has anyone ever tried
to get a Linux box running on the rochester.rr.com network?  I'm up in NY
with a laptop running Debian Linux v3.0 and can't get an IP address from
the DHCP server.  I've tried a static IP address as well (disconnecting
one of my host's computers after dropping the DHCP lease) and that doesn't
work, either.  I suspect that they're using PPPoE but I've never run into
it before so I don't know what I'm looking for.  Doing a little nosing
around on the XP system I'm typing this through I don't see anything
unusual in the network configs.

Any ideas?

--
Information security begins with _you_.  Help combat terrorism by encrypting
your communications!  Public key : http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/gpg.key