[wplug] Linux in Afghanistan

Edward C. Smith esmith at tranzor.net
Fri Aug 8 08:45:39 EDT 2003

I just ran accross this today, don't recall seeing this posted here yet.
It's a BBC article about Rebuilding Afghanistan with our favorite OS.

Anyway two quick quotes to wet your appitite:

*"Afghanistan is being rebuilt with the help of the Linux operating
system."*

"The UN hopes that training government workers to use Linux will help
the country close the technology gap that separates it from many other
countries. "

Wouldn't it be great to have Afghanistan be the first totally Linux
based country.

-Ed