[wplug] pdf text search

Doug Green diego96 at mac.com
Fri Aug 8 00:51:49 EDT 2003

Thanks! It looks like I can get pdftotext with the Xpdf package source.
Ironically, a search of "pdftotext os x" turned up this webpage where
they are SELLING (??!!) this functionality in OS X:

http://www.macosxapps.com/article.php?story=20030605100251404

Good thing I know how to configure, make and install from source! I
won't begrudge anyone from making a buck, but it seems a little
unethical to do so on someone else's open source project... ah well,
guess it was happening in BeOS circles for 10 years...

-Doug