[wplug] What's Novell up to?

Melissa B valancy at comcast.net
Thu Aug 7 20:25:44 EDT 2003

Thursday, August 7, 2003, 7:33:21 PM, Dave wrote:

DN> That said, remember, not only Microsoft, but also Sun
DN> has now bought a license from SCO. There is no reason
DN> to assume that they will receive NO new licensees
DN> beyond those two. Additionally, SCO has now said that
DN> they want $25 (I believe) for all devices shipped w/
DN> embedded Linux. For some small embedded device
DN> manufacturer, this may be better than the threat of a
DN> lawsuit which they don't have the pockets to fight
DN> (even if SCO ends up losing every suit regarding IP
DN> and Linux).

So you think Ye Olde Small Embedded Devise Manufaturers would pay for
protection from the guys who could kick the crap out of them if they
wanted to?  Why does that make me think of the Mafia?

The scariest part of this whole deal to me is what Russ forwarded.  So
Russ, why don't you tell the SEC?  Why just dig up all that great
proof and send it to us?

--
Best regards,
 Melissa                            mailto:valancy at comcast.net