[wplug] [wplug-announce] GUM tomorrow August 2, 2003

bethlynn at wplug.org bethlynn at wplug.org
Fri Aug 1 12:16:32 EDT 2003

Tomorrow ,Saturday August 2, the Western Pennsylvania Linux Users
Group will be hosting a General User Meeting in Carnegie Mellon
University's Newel-Simon Hall, room 1507.  The meeting will run from
10am until 2pm and will feature a giveaways galore and a small group
discussion on the future of Linux and Open Source.

For Giveaways Galore, James and I have stockpiled things that were given
to the LUG over the years for giveaways to the membership. (If you are
reading this email, that means YOU!) We have various items that I will
be giving away at the meeting which may include cool swag, machines,
hardware, magazines and other reading material. You must be present
and be able to receive these goodies on August 2nd to get anything.
First one to call it, gets it. Please don't email me to ask, "What
you got?" because it's too much to list and I wouldn't want to ruin
any surprises.

For those who prefer structure, the meeting will go as follows
10am - 10:30am Donuts and Chit Chat
10:30am - noon Giveaways Galore!
~11 am Pizza Orders Taken
noon - 12:45 Geeks Eating Pizza
~12:45 - 2pm Small Group Discussion - "The Future of Linux and
Open Source" , might be lead by Alex

Thanks,
Beth Lynn

PS Sorry that this announcement is coming out so late. It's been very
difficult to organize stuff over the summer. If you can help out the
LUG in any way, please email wplug-plan at wplug.org with your ideas