[wplug] OpenOffice to the rescue again

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Wed Apr 30 15:54:23 EDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, R.E.Coutch wrote:

> Star Office 6 is a commercial program for around $50-$75 and is much
> more worth the cost than MS-Office (IMHO).

I agree completely.  I've used StarOffice v5.2 for a while, both at home
and at work (got me through college) and just recently I've upgraded to
v6.0.  If you don't tell people that you didn't use Office, generally they
don't even know.  The only problems I've had with it are sometimes opening
Excel spreadsheets and finding the thesaurus less than useful.  That's
about it.

--
Information security begins with _you_.  Help combat terrorism by encrypting
your communications!  Public key : http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/gpg.key