[wplug] RE: Swapping OS Drives

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 13:58:06 EDT 2003

>From the NTFS-Resize FAQ:

Is it reliable?

Since July of 2002, when ntfsresize became publicly available, there were
many success reports for both enlarging and shrinking Windows NT4, Windows
2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 NTFS filesystems on both
workstation and server versions (Home, Professional, Server, Advanced
Server). No destroyed filesystem was reported who followed the
instructions correctly. So yes, we think the code is reliable. However,
just like in case of any kind of partition and filesystem manipulation
involved, we strongly recommend to have a backup of your data. You have
anyway, haven't you? We did receive reports when commercial partitioners
corrupted or destroyed data when ntfsresize worked or refused to resize.

-- Bryon