[wplug] Swapping OS Drives

TC Linux linux at twistedcranium.com
Tue Apr 29 19:55:47 EDT 2003

Hello there Pluggers!

I'm to the point now where I want to swap which hard drive which OS is
on.  Currently my faster, larger drive has WinME on it and the slower,
smaller hand-me-down has Red Hat 9.  Faster drive at the moment is the
'master' and the slower drive is the 'slave'.

I want to keep my dual boot situation for a while, but I want to
reformat things so that Red Hat gets the faster, bigger drive.

The question I have is this:

Does WindowsME have any issues with being installed on a "slave" drive
which I believe would make it the second disk as far as the bios is
concerned?

I can probably just swap the roles of the drives but if I can get by
without doing all that I'd be much happier.

--

craig lang
linux at twistedcranium.com
http://www.twistedcranium.com
{ICQ 137138155 & Yahoo/AOL IM: twistdcranium}