[wplug] Alsa revisited

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Tue Apr 29 14:20:14 EDT 2003

Bill wrote:
<major snippage>
>> 	Is there a reason you're not running with the RPMs from
>> http://psyche.freshrpms.net/ - or is that what's giving you grief?
>
> These are the psyche versions off freshrpms...
	My guess would be that the author only had so many sound cards to
build against, and that the provided modules.conf is merely a best guess.  I
would say to contact the author/mailing list with questions, or possibly
check out the ALSA pages dedicated to this particular chipset (but if memory
serves these pages were largely technospeak and not easily decoded for the
average joe like myself)
	Don't suppose you have a copy of the modules.conf from back on RH7.3
do ya?  Seems a likely place to start looking.  If you upgraded the system
you may find some back-up files in /etc (like modules.conf.rpmsave or
something)
	Was this of any use? http://freshrpms.net/docs/alsa/

Don