[wplug] Alsa revisited

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Tue Apr 29 13:57:31 EDT 2003

Bill wrote:
> Anyone using alsa with an es1371 card in RH8?
	I know it's not what you want to hear - but why are you using ALSA?
I had a laptop that used the es1371 chipset and it functioned fine under
RH8.0 - are you having issues, or is there something in ALSA you're after?
	You're modules.conf seems pretty "chatty" - but I've not loaded ALSA
on a system in a long time..... not sure but what's with the snd-card-0 and
snd-card-1??  Or is this how it handles MIDI??  If I were to take a stab at
it's say comment out those modules that seem to be failing and see if you
can just get plain old audio - worry about midi and all that later....

	Is there a reason you're not running with the RPMs from
http://psyche.freshrpms.net/ - or is that what's giving you grief?  If
that's the case, contact the "packager" or check out the message boards -
they might help....

Don