[wplug] Linux on the Desktop

Amanda Babcock alb at quandary.org
Mon Apr 28 10:15:31 EDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 09:02:02AM -0400, Jason Sopko wrote:

> When I see mutt, I assume that the sender is using a shell account on a
> remote server, which doesn't tell much about the desktop OS he's using.

What?  Why would they do that?  After all, what other mail program
would a person *want* to use on their desktop Unix box? :)  (Surely
you're not suggesting a person would pollute their Unix box with some
horrid graphical MUA...)

Amanda the Lurker
(currently telnetted* into her home FreeBSD box, which receives mail via
sendmail and on which she runs mutt, from her Sun workstation at work)

*SSH, of course.  Duh.