OpenOffice efficacy - Originally Re: [wplug] Win4Lin Qs

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Mon Apr 28 09:50:23 EDT 2003

> Russ and anybody else,

> So, before I dive into OpenOffice, can you tell me the types of
> Excel files that you work with in OpenOffice and really, how well does it
> exactly preserve the original spreadsheet? Is there any tweaking involved
> on your part? Anybody else want to weigh in on this?

I don't use it extensively.  I just know that anytime someone send me an
Excel file, I'm able to open it up and print it or read it or whatever I
need.

It soundslike you're using it for much more complicated things than my
clients are.  So all I can tell you is try it.

I can say that Kspread and Koffice in general for that matter, blew.