[wplug] 2.5 kernel, ACPI, Dell Inspiron

bgtrio at yahoo.com bgtrio at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 10:16:05 EDT 2003

I have not tried that.  I'm using Redhat 8, they don't include the ACPI
patches in their kernels.

I've read somewhere that the ACPI features are more completely implemented
in the 2.5 kernel.

I'm using an Inspiron 2650C btw.  From a brief look at the
linux-laptops page, it looks like the BIOS for the 4xxx series is quite
different.  For instance, I don't have a way to view what the BIOS thinks
is the battery status with a function key combination, but apparently the
4100's can use Fn+F1.

I'm not concerned with clock and fan speed adjustments, I just want
something equivalent to what I can get with APM on my thinkpad (i.e.,
suspend/sleep and a battery monitor).

Thanks,
Bryon